5 Reasons Why Kate Upton Would Deny a Relationship with Justin Verlander
Most news outlets made it “official” in October that Justin Verlander is dating Kate Upton. I’m not sure how they were able to make it official since that wasn’t confirmed by either Verlander nor Upton, but they did, and we all believed it.
But now, Kate Upton is saying that she is not in a relationship with Verlander. As I thought about it, I could think of several reasons why Kate would deny it (in no particular order).
- He peaked in 2011. That was the year he won the Cy Young and put up the lowest ERA of his career (2.40). An up-and-coming gorgeous model wants to be associated with guys who are on their way up, not guys who have already hit their peak.
- He’s old. Verlander is 30. Kate is 20. Hey, 30 may not seem like “old” to you or me, but to a 20-year-old, it’s old. She’s probably wondering if he’ll need Viagra soon? Does he already?
- The pesky Emily Yuen situation… Justin dated Emily for 11 years and was seen with him throughout the 2012 season. Of Emily he said, “She’s the one. I’m just not ready.” So, if he broke up with Emily before he started seeing Kate, he’s on the rebound and everyone knows that’s not a good situation. Seriously, why waste your time with an old guy if the odds aren’t good anyway? But if he hadn’t broken up with Emily, then Kate just looks like a slut stealing a rich guy away from a really nice girl. Either way, it’s not in Kate’s interest to advertise it.
- His skills are inconsistent when the going gets tough. Before the infamous game 1 of the 2012 World Series, Verlander didn’t pitch well in 8 prior post-season starts. He had a 3-3 record and a 5.57 ERA in those games. Yeah, he won the Cy Young, but consistency when things are hot is important to a girl.
- He choked in Game 1 of the 2012 World Series. He lasted only 4 innings, and he gave up 5 runs and six hits before he was pulled from the game.
What girl wants a guy who can’t finish what he starts? Know what I mean?